*Larita Kutsarita - n. see THE AUTHOR
*Spoonfuls - n. articles/dispatches/scribbles by Larita Kutsarita
(Background photo by Aiess Alonso)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You and I Need the Eggs


The following is an excuse to find reasonable escape from completely revising Chapters One to Three of my “almost there but not quite” thesis—because I’ve already gone weary of playing Plants vs. Zombies Survival-Endless games (30 flags so far…tsk tsk, need more practice), finished Avatar seasons 1-3, rewatched all Godfather movies to the point that I find myself in love with Michael Corleone, and oh, I cannot afford a drink anymore to keep my mind further away from the sunflowers about to paint the University Ave. a bright “Noynoy.” Instead of spilling out the usual expletives that make this world just a lot more bearable, I’ll just quote a really nice Woody Allen ending line from the awesome classic that makes “(500) Days of Summer” look like a rip-off, “Annie Hall”:
Alvy Singer (narrating as he and Annie say goodbye and part ways):
After that it got pretty late, and we both had to go, but it was great seeing Annie again. I... I realized what a terrific person she was, and... and how much fun it was just knowing her; and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this... this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

: )